Music in the Mountains (MIM) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to inspire and connect people of all ages through extraordinary classical musical performances, community engagement, and music education. Founded in 1982 by Paul Perry and Terry Brown, the organization’s first mission was to produce a summer festival utilizing the local volunteer choir and a core of professional musicians from orchestras throughout the United States. Today, MIM serves over 10,000 patrons through classical and pops orchestral programming during SummerFest and another 1,500 patrons through Holiday Pops Concert performances in December and a Spring Concert in March. Beginning with the Young Musicians Competition in 1987, providing scholarship and educational opportunities became an integral part of MIM’s mission. Currently there are 4 programs directly implemented into Nevada County Public Schools. They include, Carnegie Hall Link-up, Take 5 for Music, Music Live, and Peers Performing for Peers. In 2014, the unique Young Composers Project which is an annual program that engages teens to embrace their creativity through weekly music composition lessons and performances was featured in a 30-minute PBS documentary film called River Music that has gained national acclaim. MIM also touts its Alliance which is a volunteer group consisting of over 400 extraordinary community members. They support the Mission of MIM through the production of benefit and hospitality events and by providing support services such as ushering, parking, office work and assisting with festival production.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Data Manager is charged with cleaning, entering and maintaining patron/donor data as well as financial information using the Customer Relation Management program, Patron Manager, as well as QuickBooks Online.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in data management and QuickBooks Online and will be able to work independently with little or no supervision. This person must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the challenges of optimizing and maintaining information to create accurate reports to support the operations of a fast-paced performing arts organization.
- Serve as the point person for all organizational data, reports, mailing lists and segments, as well as bill/deposit coding and entry.
- Box office reconciliation
- Maintain organizational data through Patron Manager (CRM)
- Provide general informational support, reports, and lists to Board of Directors, staff, volunteers, and visitors
- Proven data management experience
- Knowledge of customer relations management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Strong computer skills
Hours – Somewhat flexible. 20+ hours per week. Office is open Monday – Friday 10am-5pm
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Position is open until filled.